Liberty Resourcessite map
FontSizeFont +Font -Contact

HomeAbout UsSupport ServicesAdvocacyhousingAwarenessResourcesCommunity Events

Support Services


Information and Referral FAQs | Community Choices

Information and Referral FAQs

Q. Where can I find information about assistive technology for persons with disabilities?
A. The Pennsylvania Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT) is able to furnish information. Please visit the PIAT website or call then at 1-800-204-PIAT (V) or 1-800-750-PIAT (TDD).

Q. Where can I find funding for higher education?
A. The Office for Vocational Rehabilitation at 215-560-3123.

Q. Where can I find assistance for children who are being denied fair access and opportunities in the Philadelphia school system?
A. Those interested in sending physically disabled children to integrated schools in the Philadelphia area, contact Cassie James Holdsworth, Director of National Advocacy and Policy at Liberty Resources Inc. 215-634-2000, ext. 309. Also contact Steve Gold, a lawyer with the Education Law Center at 215-627-7100.

Q. Where can I obtain legal assistance regarding noncompliance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
A. ADA and malpractice lawsuits: contact Nancy Griffin, Esquire, with the Department of Justice, 6 Chestnut Street, Suite 1250, Philadelphia, PA 19106, telephone number: 215-861-8250; Most Integrated Setting: contact Steve Gold, Esquire, at 215-627-7100.

Q. Where can I find employment opportunities and resources?
A. The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation at 215-560-1900 and check the Liberty Resources Job postings.

Q. I need assistance with getting my Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Where can I get help?
A. Contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213. If you are experiencing problems or need help with applying, call Liberty Resources’ Benefits Counselor, Denerale Jones for assistance at 215-634-2000, ext. 295.

Q. What are the transportation options for persons with disabilities in Philadelphia?
A. Contact SEPTA ParaTransit Customer Service at 215-580-7145 to obtain an application form for a ParaTransit identification card. Read further information about SEPTA ParaTransit.

Please also click here for information about what to expect when you call Liberty Resources for Information and Referral