Adult Literacy Program
Liberty Resources is proud to announce that our brand new Adult Literacy Program is officially up and running!
Who should enroll?
Here are some general guidelines that you can follow to determine whether you would qualify and benefit from the services offered by the new Adult Literacy Program:
- Please keep in mind that, at present, the program serves individuals who are blind or visually impaired, physically disabled, and those who are deaf.
- Interested individuals who do not meet those criteria will be referred to other, appropriate literacy programs operating in the city.
- Our goal is to give priority to those who would otherwise be denied adequate accessible literacy services elsewhere.
- If you are seeking employment or wish to enter higher education or attend a training program, you will very likely require a high school diploma or a GED in order to do so. If you do not yet have one of these credentials, you should strongly consider enrolling in this program.
- Some adults who already have a diploma lack the academic skills necessary to pass most college entry exams and qualifying tests to enter a variety of technology and job training programs. We can help bridge that gap.
- Many individuals could benefit greatly from improving their math and basic writing skills as a means of increasing their independence and quality of life. Individuals with all such goals are welcome.
How to Enroll
If you’re interested in enrolling, please contact Lynn Woznicki at 215-634-2000 ext. 114. She will conduct the initial screening portion of the intake process.
We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!