Philadelphia, PA 19107
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Liberty Resources is a not-for-profit organization based in Philadelphia, PA, convenient to Septa regional rail, subway, bus and parking.
We are seeking a Network Administrator to join our team! You’d help manage an infrastructure of firewalls, switches, physical/virtual servers, cloud infrastructure, and desktops and provide network and infrastructure planning and assistance. This busy team also handles general help desk support to over 200 staff both on site and remote. We need someone with appropriate experience and education who can hit the ground running. Generally, strong customer service, communication, technical, and troubleshooting skills are essential for success in this position.
- Manage all aspects of the networking platform
- Troubleshoot network & system issues
- Monitor active network and server infrastructure
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Administer network security measures to prevent system interruptions or breaches
- Execute sensitive data backup and restoration procedures
- Provide back up support for the Manager of Information and Technology Services for existing and new projects as needed or requested.
- Research and make recommendations to the Manager of Information and Technology Services regarding system and software upgrades to maximize operations, resources and dataflow within the organization.
- Document all technical procedures and user guides
- Ensures that all trouble report findings and resolutions are thoroughly documented in the trouble ticketing system.
- Function at an advisory level to other IT support personnel and provide end user support as needed.
- Complete all assigned documentation, reports and assignments in a timely manner.
- Four plus years of job-related experience as a network or systems administrator
- College degree (Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields preferred)
- Knowledge of internet protocols & services such as DHCP, DNS, VPN’s, authentication protocols and TCP/IP
- Expertise in network administration and security, proactive monitoring, system administration, including system maintenance, OS deployment/disk imaging, workstation support, and back-up procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including group policy, OUs, security groups, share and folder permissions, DFS namespace and replication.
- Ability to automate processes using scripts (Batch scripts, Windows PowerShell) preferred
- Extensive knowledge of HP/Aruba network switches (layer 2 and 3), firewalls, wired and wireless networks, backup and anti-virus solutions