Facilities Maintenance Technician
Salary: $14.05 to $17.70 /hour
This position is responsible for performing repairs and routine preventative maintenance on all LRI properties as well as LRHC housing properties and assist with distribution of office furniture and supplies.
- Assist Facility Director and/or maintenance crew with basic labor or routine maintenance tasks at all LRI locations, and LRHC properties.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools in LRHC properties.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- May perform snow and ice removal as needed.
- Handles multiple tasks, must adjusts style, behavior or schedule as situations change.
- Reports all unsafe situations to supervisor.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Performs work assignments with minimum need for supervision or guidance.
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours with advanced notice in order to maintain the facility.
- Works effectively with others towards common goals.
- Attends department training and technical assistance meetings as required.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Ability to communicate sufficiently to follow instructions, provide information, and ask questions as needed. Ability to use basic hand tools, hammer, screwdriver, pliers, etc. Manual dexterity is sufficient to perform the tasks of the position. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.