Housing Counseling Services
The Housing Advocacy Department provides a variety of services to low to moderate income residents of Philadelphia. Contracted by the City of Philadelphia Office of Housing and Community Development and the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, the following services are available through our Housing Counselors:
- Tenant Counseling
- Eviction Prevention
- Credit and Budget Counseling
- Homebuyer’s Counseling including pre-purchase counseling, foreclosure prevention, post purchase, and Settlement Grant assistance.
- Foreclosure Intervention/ Mortgage Default and Delinquency Counseling
- Anti-predatory Loan Counseling including assisting consumers to apply for a home repair, improvement and energy conservation loans as well as mortgage refinance.
- City Taxes and other City tax liens
- birth certificate
- social security card
- Proof of income
- Photo ID
Housing Counselors will also help with fair housing complaints and violations of Section 504 regarding housing rights of people with disabilities.
We can also help if you live in an institution and want to move to the community.